Tuesday, March 4, 2008

reflection of unit 3

On the unit 3 in critical literacy, I had learned the idea of positioning in critical literacy. The information that I found interesting is an article publishes by Sydney Morning Herald written by Adele Horin. The article it is about a six years old Scarlett Finney who had just being discrimination in The Hills Grammar school. Just because she is using the wheelchair and had been qualified as disable children she can’t enter to the school. But her mother Mrs. Finney said that “scarlet is an independent child with a positive outlook on life”. Scarlet mother are putt charge on the school for discrimination on her daughter.
In this unit it has 2 articles such as please let me go to school and truth about youth. The second article publishes by the advertiser in education section written by education editor Daniel Clarke. When I first read the article I didn’t understand what the writer is trying to say. But after I read again and again and I did the portfolio task and I understand what the writer are trying to discuss. Another difficulty is the length between the paragraphs to paragraph. There is no gap between the paragraph and I found it difficult to understand.
Truth about youth is an article publishes by the advertiser in education section written by education editor Daniel Clarke. The article is about problems among teenagers that had been serious now days. It also stated one teenager who stress because his three best female friends attempting suicide. Because of these situation he are really stress out and frightened him. It is important to have an organization that can helps teenagers now days. Because not everybody knows how to solves their own problem. Maybe their need helps from others to control their emotion and made them think in the right way.
The conclusion in this chapter is I learn how to focus on the idea of positioning in critical literacy.

No comments: