Thursday, May 1, 2008

reflection 6

On this unit 6 in critical literacy, I had learned how to apply all the techniques in the previous five units in critical literacy. In this unit, its only has 1 article, which are invasions of the baby snatchers. The article is publish by Time magazine, page 40, and had been written by Kirn, Walter (2002, August 26). The article is about missing children’s seems very rampant nowadays. The writer also gives several of examples about missing children’s for example the British parallels are Sarah Payne, who left a game hide and seek with her siblings in July 2000 and was found dead 16 days later. In this condition the parents should care and give more attentions to their children’s.

In this unit I had been given the activity in the study guide. My groups and I will answer the 10 elements that we have learned in previous units. At first when I read the article, it’s hard for me to understand it. After I read several time, than I can understand what the writer try to said. At first I don’t understand weather the writer wants to condemn the media or want to thanks the media because for me it’s a little bit confusing in the article.

For the conclusions nowadays missing kids are really rampant. The best solutions is the parents itself has to know about their children’s activity. They should care about their own children’s because only they are close to them.

No comments: